
Last night I went round to visit my friend Ingrid. The night was progressing nicely, and the white wine was flowing and then.......she appeared in the kitchen with what I at first thought was a pink marshmallow twister, (which is a foam sweet my girls have from the corner shop) curled around her wrist.
Imagine my shock when she introduced me to her 10 month old albino CORN SNAKE! She knows I love animals and just assumed that I would love her "darling" as she referred to it!
I went deathly white and tried my best to show interest in the creature. I asked what the two lumps were about halfway down her body. Apparently, they were the two mice she had eaten two hours before for tea!
She invited me to stroke her and I agreed...as long as she held "darling's" head away from my line of fire. I wasn't at all comfortable, but I had to face my phobia and managed a quick stroke.
She was as smooth as satin and apparently will grow to over four feet long. Her pink eyes were like two pale rubies and once I had stopped shaking, I could appreciate this fascinating creature.
Here is a picture of one and it is a perfect likeness.
Recently, Berenice faced her phobia of ferrets and managed to hand-feed my Flinn. I think we are becoming quite fearless in our old age.
No comments:
Post a Comment