It's a while since I wrote anything here, but life has just been so busy lately. With working and having the girls off from school, there never seems to be a minute...
My eldest daughter (14) has found herself a summer job waiting-on in a cafe and seems to be enjoying her first work experience. She is going to Summer Camp on Friday for a week, so is busy preparing for that.
My youngest daughter (10) is just enjoying the holidays as 10 year olds do. She goes to karate 3 hours a week and is working towards her brown belt at present and looks forward to our days out.
Last Monday, we went with Berenice (Grasshopper Singing), for a hike up the Great Orme mountain. It was hard work getting up there as it's very steep but we really enjoyed it.
Next week we are hoping to go strawberry picking and today Berenice, Becky and myself are going to a city called Chester to meet a friend. Her name is Kathy and she's from Australia. She's a member of the poetry board (Bag End) Berenice runs and I am a member of, be it a lapsed member!!!
Chester is a historic city on the England/Wales border and I know it well, because it's where I did my 4 years Registered General Nurse training. I have many fond memories of my student days there.
I will be taking my camera, a new one which takes small films too so will hopefully be able to share some of our trips here with you...
Being apart from Richie is not ideal, but being so busy means the time until he visits in October will come a little quicker...it won't but it will feel like it...sigh. I am missing him very much and he's working hard and just as busy. I mail him daily and send him pictures and films of what is happening in my life. Sometimes we speak on the phone and when we are not working we speak on msn messenger. We do the best we can under the circumstances.
Despite the hectic schedule of my life, I've still managed to go walking. Not as often as I'd like to but will return to my regular walks after the Summer.
So, that's what's been happening with me. There just aren't enough hours in the day! (I wonder who said that?)...smiles.
There used to be days when there were "too" many and I wondered how on earth I would drag myself through them! My life has changed and improved so much, but that's another story..........
Sunday, August 6, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment