I have just had a somewhat unusual but uplifting experience. I thought I would share it here with you.
About half an hour ago I set off up the mountain(big hill really) with the dog for a calming walk before the girls arrive.
Half way up, the clouds came over and it started pouring with rain. I pulled up my hood and did an about turn, deciding to abandon the walk. For some reason I felt compelled to brave the weather and started climbing up again.
As reached the top, the rain stopped and a lovely warm sun peeped through.
I turned round to face the two shores, and there was the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. It was complete, bright, and spanned the whole of the town. As I admired it I noticed another one behind, paler but there all the same. After about five minutes they faded. I actually phoned Berenice to tell her to look out of her window but she wasn't there. No doubt she will find a rather excitable message on her answer machine tonight!
After a morbid and memorable year ( for all the wrong reasons) I felt uplifted and inspired with hope for the coming year. God wanted me to climb that mountain today and my reward was that perfect rainbow. The second rainbow was just to make sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment