Well, I haven't posted for a while so thought it was time for an update.
This coming Saturday, I am going to be working with Berenice, at her place of employment, a restaurant just out of town. I used to work there with her five years ago until some not so good things happened in my life and I had to leave.
I have fond memories of the last time we worked together and am looking forward to going back. I am still keeping my part-time job at the school, so will now have two jobs!!! Lucky me.
I am going to be working in the kitchen, my favourite place to be. Lots of chatter, loud music playing and an escape route out back for a cigarette break!!! I am hoping it will be like the old days, although there will be new faces and other changes. I'm sure I will get back into the swing of it pretty soon.
So, it looks like my Saturdays from now on are going to consist of 11 hours of hard graft!!! Hey, I've just remembered...my favourite medical drama is on, on a Saturday night. Jeepers, is it too late to change my mind I wonder?
How my life has changed for the better this past year. I have fallen in love for the first time, gone back to work, become active again in my church, am drug-free (prescription drugs) and feel physically and mentally well, for the first time in a long, long time.
My post on Saturday will no doubt be full of moans and groans about aching feet and hair that smells of cooking fat!!!
But I am truly happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment