Monday, September 22, 2008

My Latest ''Smokeless Ellen'' post...

I have just updated my ''Smokeless Ellen'' blog and thought I would post it here too, so you know where I am at...BIG SIGH!!!

The title of the post is ''NO CIGARETTES FOR 5 MONTHS...HEADING TOWARDS OBESITY!

Well, it will be 5 months this Thursday, since I smoked my last cigarette. Yes, it's a positive and healthy achievement...but why is it that am I not celebrating?

Because, week after week, I have put more and more weight on!!!
It could be said I have over indulged in the food department and that would be true for the first couple of months, but not for the last couple.

When I stopped smoking I weighed, 11 stone 5 pounds which was my ideal weight for height, a weight I have maintained for 4 years.
Now, today, I weigh 12 stone and 12 pounds!!!

I am so disappointed that this has happened. It has been really difficult to stop smoking, and now, one health risk has replaced another. People may argue that it's a risk worth taking,(putting on vasts amount of weight quickly!) but in my eyes, it is depressing me and has started to really get to me.

Now I understand why people go back to smoking after this has happened to them.

I have read lots and lots about people's experiences(on various blogs)after they have stopped. Most people do gain a few pounds, maybe 5 to 10, but not this much.I do not fall into this ''not too bad a weight increase category''.

My friend who gave up at the same time has had the same thing happen to her.

The weight just kind of balloons and keeps going, week after week.

Cigarettes do suppress the appetite, of that I've no doubt. When I smoked, I did miss meals and I never had hunger pangs...never. Now, I do, and it's uncomfortable, particularly when I don't want to eat because I know it will equal instant weight gain.

I dread to think what would be happening if I didn't exercise as much as I do.
Even with the increase in exercise, on top of what I normally do...I am still gaining weight.

A lot of people have said that it eventually evens out. The weight gains stops and the metabolism returns to normal. When is ''eventually'' I ask myself, whilst grinding my teeth at the same time!!!!

What else am I doing to address this weight gain...apart from jumping off the nearest cliff?

Well, I am going to go and see my doctor and explain the situation. I do feel quite bloated a lot of the time so I will have this checked out and just tell him it like it is.
Maybe he will give me a diet sheet or something!!!
Then he'll ask about exercise...well at least I am OK there.

I have replaced my sugar filled tea and coffee for herbal teas, well for the most part...the reason being, that I have been drinking more tea and coffee and in doing so, having extra calories in the sugar added.

I have my ''5'' a day anyway...so it's a case of resisting the not so healthy food temptation.
I don't drink alcohol very often, so no weight gain worries there.

Sorry to offload all this on you all, but it's how I'm feeling right now.

People say ''I bet you're feeling great Marie, now you've stopped''. I think ''have you got 2 hours to spare so I can explain just how ''not great'' I'm feeling''.

I know this isn't an encouraging blog post for anyone out there considering stopping, weighing(scuse the pun) up the pros and cons. But I always promised I would be honest on my ''Smokeless Ellen'' blog.
Besides, giving up is a personal experience, and different for everyone.

I suppose I should list all the benefits of giving up just to spur me on...but right now I am fed up...and my dominating thought is ''these jeans are damn tight on me today''.

So, I will love and leave you all and continue my rant as I go on yet another 6 mile hike.
Footnote...a guy called Jim has responded on my smoking blog...and now I feel sad for him but encouraged, despite the weight gain all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11