Well today has been Mothering Sunday here in the UK and what a lovely day I've had.
It started with breakfast on the sofa( my room in the middle of being decorated!)of toast and honey and a cup of tea brought on a tray by my youngest daughter Becky (10). My eldest was doing what teenagers do best...sleeping.
Then I had some daffs and carnations presented by Becky and some hand cream from Nicola....who then went back to bed for some extra sleep before her hockey tournament today.
Breakfast was followed by the service in church where all the children gave out a flowering plant to all the ladies there...followed by Sunday lunch with the rest of the family. I spent most of the lunch trying to avoid my mum who had her camera flashing, left, right and centre. Ha.
I can't believe I am so tired just doing nothing!!!but could easily get to like it.
I've also had something extra special today, and that is this poem, written for me by Becky.
I would like to share it with you.
Mum
You're always here supporting me,
You're always by my side,
And all the times we need your help,
You take it in your stride.
You're always doing house-work,
And other things for me,
You never put your feet up,
Or sit and watch t.v.
Today is made for mums like you,
It's a very speacial day,
And for everything you've done for me,
I have two words to say.
Those two words are thank-you,
Two words that just have to be said,
Today's a day to chill-out,
Or even stay in bed!
THANK-YOU MUM.
Becky writes me a little poem every Mother's Day and I have kept them all.
Thank you Becky and Nicola for a great day.x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment