Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What would I have put in a time capsule?

I almost forgot to write this but here it is at last.

I have to cast my mind back a very long way to about aged 8 and think hard.....

An Abba single in vinyl form of course. Any one, I liked them all....a 45.

My clear blue marble.

A traditional Yorkshire Sunday lunch, consisting of Yorkshire pudding with gravy for starters, Yorkshire pudding with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with jam for pud. Made by my Granny P.

One shiny conker.

My Cindy doll with her wardrobe. I was fascinated by the little clothes hangers and shoe rack.

A packet of Spangles.

A book called "On the Run" by Nina Bawden.

A pen with interchangeable nibs of all different colours. I thought it was the most amazing technological breakthrough at the time.

A design game called "Spirograph where you used little plastic circles to make pretty patterns.

A big bag of thin elastic bands to join together to play a jumping game called "Elastics".

My Grandad's old coin collection. He had hundreds of them. Old pennies and farthings, all neatly wrapped in tissue paper, and my Granny P's button box.

My best treasure of all...a plastic, cameo ring my Grandad P bought me. I remember it cost 25p which was a lot of money when I was 8. You lifted the cameo lid and inside was the tiniest doll imaginable. I have never been so excited in all my life. He bought it in Germany, where the best toymakers in the world reside.

During one of our many moves, I lost my treasure. I was so upset, I cried for days.

Phew...I could go on for ever, but these are the things that I remember well.

How I wish I had filled a time capsule.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11