Well, who would have thought that I would get mumps at my age? Well I have.
Mumps at 39. I honestly thought I had contracted all the childhood illnesses in the book before I reached 8...obviously not.
I have been on another planet since last Sunday. A planet where large swellings like watermelons, invaded my face spaces, if you know what I mean. I didn't think it would be as painful as all that...as if someone had their fingers permanently pressed in the pressure points behind my ears, but it was and worse at times.
I had a letter from the "Public Health" informing me of my condition, like I needed reminding.
I came across an old translation of the word "mumps" whilst scaring myself half to death reading information on the rare side effects.
"Mumps"...lumps and bumps within the cheeks!!!
I also read on one website, that fruit juice should be avoided as it stimulates the already swollen salivary glands.
Whoopee for me. I have been feasting on pure orange ice lollies and lemon sorbet all week!!!
We live and learn.
Enough of my ailments and afflictions. I am fast becoming a serial moaner!!!
Over and out from Planet Lumpy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment