Well, I went to the doctors yesterday and my fasting cholesterol was raised at 7.7 so the doctor has prescribed me Simvastatin 20mg to hopefully bring it down.
Apparently I am to take these for life! I suppose there are a lot worse things and with the premature deaths on my dad's side from heart conditions caused by raised lipids. I will take them.
I took the first one last night and the most common side-effect is muscle pain so I can handle that I'm sure.
I am still going to carry on with the gym and diet.
Tomorrow is the Friends of the School car boot sale for school funds. It will be an early start in the morning and a long day but am looking forward to it. I am taking the girls along and we have a stall of childrens clothes and other bits and bobs.
The last car boot sale we had was a total washout so I we are praying for dry weather. It is very hot and sticky at the moment and we have been having some heavy summer showers. Fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment