Hi folks
Sorry I haven't been a round for a while...I have had a really bad chest infection and it's taken a good while for me to recover.
Since my last post, I have been busy getting involved with life at my church. We have recently started a worship group and we have called ourselves...''Hearts and Voices''.
We are singing for the first time on August 2nd at the Sunday evening service.
It's all a little bit rushed but we have to start somewhere. We've had a couple of rehearsals and have the final one on Friday evening.
We don't have many young people in our church so we thought it would be good to have a group for the teenagers we do have and the 20's, 30's and 40's...
I've suggested we all wear bright coloured round necked t-shirts when we perform and black trousers or jeans.
Mike is our minister and he's on the keyboards. Pete and Jackie are our guitarists.
Callum plays the flute and we also have the teens on tambourines and maracas.
We had a rehearsal at my house last night and spent more time eating chocolate cake and goodies than singing, but we are a little more organised now!
There are a couple om members who can't make it to the first performance, but that's how life is.
I will keep you updated on our progress...it's all very exciting right now and we are raring to go.
A line up of the group...
Mike our minister...keyboards.
Pete...guitar
Jackie...guitar
Callum...flute (Jo's son)
Rhian...vocals
Alyson...vocals
Me...vocals
Lydia...vocals
Jo......vocals
Molly...vocals (Jo's daughter)
Becky (my daughter)
So there you have it.
Looking forward to reading all about what you, my friends have been up to.
Smiles
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment