Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Shack...

Hi all
It's a while since I have posted something here but I have recently visited all of your blogs to see how you are all getting on.
I love reading about your lives.

Just lately I have been doing a lot of novel reading. It occured to me the other day that I have read something, almost every night of my life. I have always liked to read a whole collection of books, ie; everything by a particular author and not just a random selection.

I have many favourite authors, Anita Burgh who writes historical, romantic fiction.I can lose myself in a bygone age with her writing.A favourite novel by her is ''Distinctions of Class''.

Jodi Picoult, who always seems to incorporate a court room exchange within her books. I have read everything by this brilliant author...and if I had to choose a favourite to date, it would be ''Plain Truth''.

Jeffrey Archer, who is superb and is the author of one of my favourite books ''Kane and Abel''.

I wish I had made an inventory of all the thousands of books I must have read, both fictional and non-fictional, over the years.

The latest book, which I only finished last night is called ''The Shack''. If I were to write a review, which I'm not going to, because I can't, I would have to say it is like no other book I have ever read.

I am still trying to absorb its content.

It's the kind of story that remains with you...and I doubt I will ever forget it.
I will probably read it again at some point...and hopefully absorb that bit more.

The one book that is constant and remains by my bedside is my bible.

I have heard that there is a novel in everyone. I have never really had a story in my head that needs to come out...not yet anyway. But there is always time.

If I ever do start writing a novel, I am sure it will be a long drawn out affair...ha ha.

In the meantime, I will continue reading and discovering new authors...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11